- Reserve Bank of India has released a notice on Compliance Functions in Banks and the Role of Chief Compliance Officer (CCO).According to the compliance system Banks required, to have an effective compliance culture, independent corporate compliance function, and a strong compliance risk management programme at the bank and group level.Such an independent compliance function is required to be headed by a designated Chief Compliance Officer (CCO).
- Mastercard has launched “Central Bank Digital Currencies” (CBDCs), a Virtual Testing Environment for Central Banks to Assess and Explore National Digital Currencies.Mastercard has invited Central Banks, Commercial Banks and tech and advisory firms to evaluate the suitability of CBDCs in a country or region.Using the platform they can enable simulation of issuance, distribution and exchange of CBDCs between banks, financial service providers and consumers.
- ICICI Bank has launched a new product named “iStartup 2.0”, to cater to the banking needs of startups and entrepreneurs.The programme for startups that takes care of their banking as well as beyond-banking needs such as regulatory assistance, analytics, staffing, accounting, customer acquisition and digital outreach to customers, among others.‘iStartup2.0’ is the country’s most comprehensive programme, offers customers an eponymous Current Account which is available in three variants–Platinum, Gold and Silver– the widest range by any Bank for start-ups.
- National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and LinkedIn have announced a partnership to provide access to free learning resources for digital skills.A total of 10 learning paths consisting of 140 courses will be made available for free on e-Skill India digital platform until March 31, 2021.LinkedIn will provide periodic labour market insights based on its economic graph of more than 69 million members in India. This will include in-demand skills, emerging jobs, and global hiring rates to NSDC to better understand the skilling ecosystem.
- Former health secretary Preeti Sudan appointed WHO panellist The World Health Organisation’s independent panel for pandemic preparedness and response appointed former health secretary, Preeti Sudan as one of its 11 panellists from across the world.
- Conclave on “School Education in 21st Century”A two-day conclave on ‘School Education in 21st Century’ commenced virtually. The conclave has been organised by Ministry of Education as part of Shikshak Parv 2020.Shikshak Parv is being celebrated from 8th-25th September, 2020 to felicitate the teachers and to take New Education Policy 2020 forward.The first technical session started with a discussion on the subject of ‘Foundational Literacy and Numeracy’. Some other subjects on which discussions were held: “Art Integrated and Toy Integrated Pedagogy”; “Early Childhood Care and Education”; “Teaching in Mother Tongue”; and “No hard separation”.
- Indian Police Officer, Poonam Khatri has claimed World Championship status after her silver medal at the Wushu World Championship last year has been upgraded to a Gold medal.Poonam had lost the final to Iranian opponent Mariyam in the Women’s 75 kg category but after Mariyam recently failed the dope test, the gold medal has been awarded to Poonam Khatri.
History on the Date:
(1985) Sri Lanka score their 1st Test Cricket victory, by 149 runs v India
(2001) Two passenger planes hijacked by Al Qaeda terrorists crash into New York’s World Trade Towers causing the collapse of both and deaths of 2,606 people