Table of Contents
- Chhattisgarh Government has launched the “Indira Van Mitan” Yojana.“Indira Van Mitan” Yojana will aim to make the forest dwellers of the state self reliant.Under this scheme, government will form groups of youth in 10,000 villages of tribal areas of the state and they will be responsible to conduct all forest based economic activities. These economic activities will create self employment opportunities for the forest dwellers.Under this scheme, Chhattisgarh Government has planned to cover 19 lakh families in scheduled areas through the youth groups.
- Paytm has launched India’s 1st Pocket Android POS (Point of Sale) Device named ‘Paytm All-in-One Portable Android Smart POS’ for contactless ordering and payments in India.‘Paytm All-in-One Portable Android Smart POS’ is the first such Android-based device to be introduced in India and is much more powerful than the portable Linux based POS devices presently available in the country.It is an effort to digitise and empower a large number of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). The company aims to issue over 2 lakh devices within the next few months which will generate over 20 million transactions per month
- Former NABARD Chief, Harsh Kumar Bhanwala has been appointed as executive chairman of the Capital India Finance Limited.Harsh Kumar Bhanwala has served as the chairman of National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) for over six years.He was appointed as the chairman NABARD in December 2013 and demitted the office on May 26, 2020.Capital India Finance Limited (CIFL) is an integrated financial services platform and provides customised financial solutions to Indian Corporates for their growth and working capital requirements among others.
- Journalists Nitin Sethi and Shiv Sahay Singh were declared winners of the Asian College of Journalism’s (ACJ) Award 2019 for Investigative Journalism and the K. P. Narayana Kumar Memorial Award for Social Impact Journalism, respectively.The awards were presented in a virtual ceremony by Soumya Swaminathan, chief scientist of the World Health Organisation(WHO), at the inauguration of the Class of 2021.
- The Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Prakash Javadekar unveiled an e-version of the book titled ‘Connecting, Communicating, Changing’. The book chronicles Shri M Venkaiah Naidu’s three years in office as the Vice President of India. Vice President Venkaiah Naidu has completed three years in office on 11 August 2020.The book comprising a collection of speeches by Vice President Venkaiah Naidu. The over 250 pages book is the third series of the book and has been published by Publications Division.
- International Youth Day (IYD) is observed globally on 12th August every year.The theme of International Youth Day 2020, “Youth Engagement for Global Action”. The theme highlights the ways in which the engagement of young people at the local, national and global levels is enriching national and multilateral institutions and processes, as well as draw lessons on how their representation and engagement in formal institutional politics can be significantly enhanced.
History on the Date:
(1981) IBM introduces its first Personal Computer (PC & PC-DOS version 1.0
(1948) Indian maestro Balbir Singh Dosanjh scores twice as India beats Great Britain 4-0 for the field hockey gold medal at the London Olympics; India’s 4th consecutive Olympic hockey title