- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has addressed the ‘Grih Pravesham’ event in Madhya Pradesh through video conferencing.
- India and the United States held a bilateral 2+2 Inter-sessional meeting in virtual mode.
- The Chief Minister of Odisha, Naveen Patnaik has launched a new scheme named ‘GARIMA’ which aims to ensure the economic safety and social dignity of core sanitation workers in the state.
- Subhash Kamath has been elected as the chairman of the board of governors of the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI).
- Citigroup has named Jane Fraser as its next chief executive officer.
- India has been elected as a member of the United Nation’s Commission on Status of Women, a body of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
- TikTok has chosen Oracle to be its technology partner for its American operations.
- Japan’s Chief Cabinet Secretary, Yoshihide Suga has been elected as the new Chief of country’s ruling, Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) and Prime Minister-designate of Japan.
- A 1988 batch IAS officer, Rajesh Khullar has been appointed as Executive Director at World Bank in Washington DC.
History on the Date:
(1973) Billie Jean King beats Bobby Riggs in battle-of-sexes tennis match.
(2001) In an address to a joint session of Congress and the American people, US President George W. Bush declares a "war on terror"