Table of Contents hide
- The former European Central Bank Chief Mario Draghi has been sworn in as the new Prime Minister of Italy on 12 February 2021. The 73-year-old had served as President of the European Central Bank from 2011 until 2019.
- Maharashtra government has signed an MoU with Flipkart to promote wooden toys, local artefacts, handicrafts. Maharashtra Small Industries Development Corporation and Maharashtra State Khadi & Village Industries Board have signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Flipkart.
- Tata Motors Limited has appointed Marc Llistosella as its new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director (MD). The appointment of Llistosella will be effective from July 1, 2021.
- Private general insurer ICICI Lombard has launched the ‘Corporate India Risk Index’. This is intended to be a unified, standardised corporate risk index that spans industries and companies.
- Award-winning writer, journalist and speaker, Meghna Pant has penned a new book “The Terrible, Horrible, Very Bad Good News”. The book will be released in April 2021, and soon be seen as a major motion picture under the title Badnam Ladoo
History on this Day:
- (1984) Britain’s Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean famously dominate the ice dancing at the Sarajevo Winter Olympics; perform to Maurice Ravel’s “Bolero” in free dance routine; record 9-of-9 perfect scores for artistic impression
- (2010) Alexandre Bilodeau wins the Gold Medal in the freestyle skiing men’s moguls event, becoming the first Canadian to win a Gold Medal during a Canadian-hosted Olympics