- Former Indian cricketer and Uttar Pradesh minister, Chetan Chauhan passed away.He played 40 Tests matches for India, during his 12-year-long cricket career, scoring 2084 runs with 16 half-centuries and two wickets.Chetan Chauhan was honoured with the Arjuna Award in 1981. He played Ranji Trophy for Maharashtra and Delhi.He was Minister for youth and sports in the state of Uttar Pradesh Cabinet in 2018 and has also served as Minister of Sainik Welfare, Home Guards, PRD and Civil Security in the UP Cabinet.
- Punjab National Bank has launched a campaign named ‘DIGITAL APNAYEN’ to encourage customers to use digital banking channels.The campaign launched by the bank’s Managing Director S S Mallikarjuna Rao on the occasion of Independence Day is till March 31, 2021.PNB encourage customers to use digital channels and participate in the noble cause of donating to the PM CARES Fund for COVID-19.
- HDFC Bank has launched “Shaurya KGC Card” for Indian armed forces personnel.The card will offer agriculture loans for military and paramilitary professionals.“Shaurya KGC Card” entails both short-term loans for cropping and also long-term ones for farm investments for a period of up to five years which will be reviewed at regular intervals.
- Amritsar based e-mobility start-up, eBikeGO has appointed Indian cricketer Harbhajan Singh as its brand ambassador.He will help the company to upgrade itself and will also have an active presence on the company’s website and campaigns across media.
- Kaushik Khona has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of GoAir Airline. He will replace Vinay Dube.GoAir is an Indian low-cost airline based in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It is owned by the Indian business conglomerate Wadia Group. Khona brings with himself more than 32 years of corporate experience and all at the CXO level.
History on the Date:
- (1945) Korea is divided into North and South Korea along the 38th parallel
- (1947) The Radcliffe Line, the border between Union of India and Dominion of Pakistan is revealed