Table of Contents hide
- The finance Minister of India, Nirmala Sitharaman, has announced during the presentation of the Union Budget 2021 that a new asset reconstruction and asset management company will be set up in India. Key facts The new Asset reconstruction and asset management company will look after the Non-Performing Assets (NPAs) of stressed banks
- The Finance minister of India, Nirmala Sitharaman, announced a Rupees 3.05 trillion electricity distribution reform programme while presenting the Union Budget 2021. Highlights The electricity distribution programme will help in reducing the losses and improve the efficiency of electricity distribution companies (DISCOMs).
- The Textiles Minister of India, Smriti Irani, inaugurated the 8th India International Silk Fair on the Virtual Portal. Highlights This fair is the biggest silk fair of India. The fair is being held under one roof of the virtual platform of Indian Silk Export Promotion Council. The fair is a five days long event.
- The Finance Minister of India, Nirmala Sitharaman, has announced two new centrally sponsored scheme namely, the PM AatmaNirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana and the Mission Poshan 2.0 while presenting the Union Budget 2021.
- The Union Education Minister, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ addressed the ASEAN India Hackathon. Highlights Shri Pokhriyal highlighted that, The ASEAN-INDIA Hackathon was inaugurated to further strengthen the India and ASEAN ties.
History on this Day:
(1960 )Australian Championships Men’s Tennis: In a classic all-Australian final Rod Laver beats Neale Fraser 5-7, 3-6, 6-3, 8-6, 8-6; Laver’s first Grand Slam title
(1979 )Ayatollah Khomeini returns to Iran after 15 years in exile