Table of Contents hide
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the launch of “Mission Karmayogi”, a National Programme for Civil Services Capacity Building (NPCSCB).
- Sumit Nagpal becomes first Indian in 7 years to enter the second round of Grand Slam Singles event.
- International Day of Clean Air for Blue Skies is observed on 7 September 2020.
- Vodafone and Idea have been rebranded as ‘Vi’. This new brand identity of the Vodafone Idea was launched by Vodafone Idea Limited (VIL) virtually. The official statement regarding the rebranding stated that the “Vodafone and Idea” are now a new brand called ‘Vi’, which can be read as ‘We
- Rajiv Kumar has taken the charge as the new Election Commissioner (EC) of India.
- The estimates of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) for the first quarter (April-June) Q1 of 2020-21 has been released by the National Statistical Office(NSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.
History on the Date:
- (1947) Battles between Hindus & Muslims in New Delhi, India
- (1965) China announces that it will reinforce its troops in the Indian border.
- (2019) Indian Space Agency loses contact with its Chandrayaan-2 moon lander just 2 km from landing on the Moon’s surface
- (1896) A. H. Whiting wins the 1st automobile race held on a closed-circuit track in Cranston, Rhode Island