Table of Contents
- HDFC Bank has launched video KYC (Know Your Customer) facility for its customers.The consent-based Video KYC facility is an alternate method of establishing the prospective customer’s identity, during the account opening process in a safe and secure environment.As per the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) directions, successful completion of Video KYC is equivalent to full KYC and the customers is eligible for all financial / banking products.
- IDFC Mutual Fund has started a new campaign called SIFI or `SIP in Fixed Income’.The new campaign called SIFI has been launched to make investors more aware about the benefits of investing in fixed income products via Systematic Investment Plans.SIFI can help in generating better risk-adjusted returns, and the debt fund SIP can help cushion the impact of higher volatility in equity markets, thereby balancing the allocation.IDFC Mutual Fund’s SIFI initiative aims to inform investors how a combination of equity and debt SIPs can help them navigate troubled times.
- Volvo Car India has partnered with HDFC Bank to launch Volvo Car Financial Services to enable buyers get easy finance for its vehicles.The service facilitates finance of up to 100% of ex-showroom price of the car and offers convenient repayment options, with no foreclosure charges under specific conditions.It is a faster, flexible and cost-optimised solution to finance a Volvo car.
- HCL Technologies and Google Cloud has announced the expansion of their strategic partnership to bring HCL’s Actian portfolio, starting with Actian Avalanche, to Google Cloud.Actian Avalanche is a high-performance hybrid cloud data warehouse designed to power an enterprise’s most demanding operational analytics workloads.Actian Avalanche enables a seamless path to migrate legacy data warehouses, including IBM Netezza and Oracle Exadata, to Google Cloud, through a hybrid-cloud offering leveraging Google Cloud’s Anthos application platform.
- Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi has been awarded the Ig Nobel Prize 2020 for Medical Education.He has been awarded the prestigious award for “using the COVID-19 pandemic to teach the world that politicians can have a more immediate effect on life and death than scientists and doctors can”.PM Modi is the second Indian Prime Minister to be honoured with the Ig Nobel Prize. Prior to this, Atal Bihari Vajpayee was awarded in 1998. He jointly won the Ig Nobel Peace Prize with Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif of Pakistan for aggressively peaceful explosions of atomic bombs.PM Modi shares the award with Jair Bolsonaro of Brazil, Boris Johnson of the United Kingdom, Andrés Manuel López Obrador of Mexico, Alexander Lukashenko of Belarus, Donald Trump of the USA, Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey, Vladimir Putin of Russia, and Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow of Turkmenista.
- 2020 Italian Open title
|Category||Name of the Sportsperson|
|Men’s Single||Novak Djokovic|
|Women’s Single||Simona Halep|
|Men’s Double||Marcel Granollers and Horacio Zeballos|
|Women’s Double||Hsieh Su-wei and Barbora Strýcová|
- The International Red Panda Day (IRPD) is celebrated on third Saturday of September every year to raise public awareness and support for red panda conservation issues.In 2020, the IRPD is being observed on 19 September 2020. The day was launched by the Red Panda Network in 2010. The first international red Panda day was celebrated on 18th September 2010.
- Former Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) chief, Anil Dhasmana has been appointed as the chief of the National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO).Dhasmana succeeds former Intelligence Bureau officer Satish Jha, who demitted office.Dhasmana, a 1981 batch IPS officer, is a Pakistan expert and was the lead planner of the Balakot airstrikes in February 2019.He had stepped down a few months later when his extended term due to the general elections ended in June 2019
- World Bank released the report titled “The Human Capital Index 2020 Update: Human Capital in the Time of COVID-19”.The Human Capital Index (HCI) 2020 is a collaboration between the Human Development Practice Group and the Development Economics Group of the World Bank. India has been ranked at the 116th position among 174 countries in the Human Capital Index 2020.
- Former US President, Barack Obama has announced his first presidential memoir titled “A Promised Land.”The 768-page book will be published in November 2020 by Penguin Random House and is scheduled to be released on November 17, 2020, in 25 languages.A Promised Land is the first of two volumes of the book. This volume tells about his early political life, his presidential campaign in 2008, and ending with the death of Osama bin Laden in 2011.
- The World Alzheimer’s Day is observed globally on September 21 every year. The day aims to raise awareness about the stigma that runs around Alzheimer disease and related dementia.The theme for World Alzheimer Day 2020 is ‘Let’s talk about dementia’. World Alzheimer’s Day was launched at the opening of ADI’s annual conference in Edinburgh on 21 September 1994 to celebrate our 10th anniversary.
- International Day of Peace is observed globally on 21st September every year.The UN General Assembly has declared this as a day devoted to strengthening the ideals of peace, through observing 24 hours of non-violence and cease-fire.The 2020 theme for the International Day of Peace is “Shaping Peace Together.”
History on the Date:
(1792) French Revolution: The National Convention passes a proclamation announcing the formal abolition of the French monarchy
(1982) NFL players begin a 57 day strike
(1920) Chicago grand jury convenes to investigate charges that 8 White Sox players conspired to fix the 1919 World Series
(1965) India and Pakistan cease-fire goes into effect, ending the Indo-Pakistani War