- Google has launched its employment application named ‘Kormo Jobs’ in India.It would help millions of Indians to get entry-level jobs. Kormo Jobs will help to provide entry-level jobs to thousands of people, to help those who have lost their jobs during the coronavirus and young professionals who are looking for jobs.Google had first launched the employment application in Bangladesh in 2018 and further expanded it to Indonesia in 2019.
- Minister of State (I/C) for Labour and Employment, Santosh Gangwar has launched the official Logo of “Labour Bureau”.It displays the three goals that Labour Bureau aspires to achieve in producing quality data i.e. Accuracy, Validity and Reliability.It also indicates that the Labour Bureau is a data based organization which deals in data pertaining to workers and work.The logo of Labour Bureau also comprises of “Blue wheel”, a cog wheel that represents work. The blue colour indicates that the Labour Bureau deals with the blue collarworkers.It also includes a “tricolored graph” that matches the colors of the National flag. It also has “wheat ears” which indicates the fruit of rural agricultural labour.
- Former Cricketer, Administrator and Pitch Curator, Gopalaswamy Iyenger Kasturirangan passed away.He was born on 12th October 1930 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. He began his career in the 1948-49 season representing Mysore in the Ranji Trophy and retired from first-class cricket after the 1962-63 season.Gopalaswamy Kasturirangan was a fast bowler who played 36 first-class matches and Captained Mysore Ranji Team (now Karnataka).
- The World Senior Citizen Day is observed globally on 21st August every year to raise awareness about issues affecting older people, such as deterioration with age and the abuse of the elderly and support, honour and show appreciation to seniors and to recognize their achievements.The World Senior Citizen’s Day also recognises and acknowledges the contributions of older people to society.The Day was proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly on December 14, 1990.
- The governing body for the Olympic Movement in India, Indian Olympic Association (IOA) and INOX Group has signed a sponsorship agreement to support Team India for Tokyo Olympics, which was rescheduled to be held from July 23 to August 8, 2021.The partnership agreement will further support team India’s promotions through the Group’s entertainment company, Inox Leisure Limited.The Inox Group is a diversified Indian conglomerate with activities spanning manufacturing medical and industrial gases, cryogenic equipment, LNG storage and distribution equipment, besides owning multiplex chains.
History on the Date:
(1850) 1st US National Women’s Rights Convention convenes in Worcester, Massachusetts
(1933) First televised boxing match — 6-round exhibition at Broadcasting House in London between middleweights Archie Sexton and Lauri Raiteri; aired by BBC-TV