Table of Contents hide
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the acquisition of 100% equity shares of Medlife International Private Limited (“Medlife”) by API Holdings Private Limited (“API Holdings”).It also approved the acquisition of up to 19.59% equity share capital of API Holdings by Medlife’s shareholders under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002.
- HDFC (Housing Development Finance Corporation) Life and Yes Bank entered into a Corporate Agency Arrangement (CA).As part of the arrangement, HDFC Life will provide a diverse range of insurance products to customers of Yes Bank.HDFC Life’s wide range of life insurance products includes solutions for protection, saving and investment, retirement and critical illness.It will be available to customers of Yes Bank through the Bank’s branches which are spread throughout the country.
- Google Pay has partnered with VISA for the rollout of tokenization across its platform that will enable users to safely transact with their debit or credit cards.Through tokenization, Google Pay users can make payment by using the debit or credit card without physically sharing their credit or debit card details through a secure digital token attached to their phone.The feature will also facilitate the use of the tap-to-pay feature on near-field communications (NFC)-enabled point of sale (PoS) terminals and online merchants.The feature also works with online merchants, delivering more native and seamless OTP experiences without any redirects to 3D secure sites.This feature is now available to all users of Axis, SBI Card and Kotak
- The Uttarakhand Tourism Development Board (UTDB) and Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to promote adventure sports activities at Tehri Lake in the state.ITBP along with the department will now work on the building of adventure sports activities like land base adventure centre, water base adventure centre, aero base adventure centre at Rajiv Gandhi Adventure Sports Academy situated at Tehri Lake.
- The Appointments Committee of Cabinet has approved the proposal to appoint Simanchala Dash as an advisor to Executive Director, International Monetary Fund (IMF) in Washington.He has been appointed for a period of three years
- Retired Colonel Dr Girija Shanker Mungali has been appointed as one of the seven members of the Asian Football Confederation’s task force.The taskforce will regulate the football clubs in Asia and Australia. He is currently serving as the Chairman of the Club Licensing Committee of the All India Football Federation (AIFF).
- The top-ranked Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) player in the world and a former professional cricket player, Ashleigh Barty has now added another feat in her sporting list by winning Brookwater Golf Club women’s championship.The 24-year-old Australian, who famously played professional cricket during a year out from tennis, decided not to leave home for the U.S. Open or her title defence at Roland Garros because of the pandemic
- Star chef Vikas Khanna has authored a book titled “Kitchens of Gratitude” in which he has written about his Feed India initiative.Feed India initiative is one of the largest food drives in the world, serving meals to the underprivileged. The book will be released in 2021.He will also be honoured with the 2020 Asia Game Changer Award in October.
- A new book titled “Voices of Dissent” authored by Historian Romila Thapar will be jointly published by Penguin Random House India and Seagull Books.The book is set to publish in October 2020. The book is a historical essay that explores dissent, including its articulation and public response to its forms, with a focus on the recent protest in India against the citizenship law and the National Register of Citizens.
- World Rhino Day is observed globally on 22 September every year.This special day provides the opportunity for cause-related organizations, NGOs, zoos, and members of the public to celebrate rhinos in their own unique way
History on the Date:
(1845) 1st baseball team, NY Knickerbockers organize, adopt rule code.
(2018) Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches “Modicare”, free heathcare for 500 million, world’s biggest healthcare program