Table of Contents
- The Government of India, the Government of Nagaland and the World Bank signed a $68 million agreement for “Nagaland: Enhancing Classroom Teaching and Resources Project”, to enhance the governance of schools across Nagaland. The $68 million loan from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), has a final maturity of 14.5 years including a grace period of 5 (five) years.
- The Indian foreign minister S Jaishankar was on an official visit to two key Indian Ocean region countries- Maldives and Mauritius. The External Affairs Minister (EAM) S Jaishankar visited the Island nation Mauritius to review the comprehensive and important bilateral relationship between the two nations. India signed a Free Trade Agreement (FTA) or (Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Partnership Agreement-(CECPA)) with Mauritius.
The prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival awards 2021 were announced, to honour the best in Indian cinema, television, music, and OTT. Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput was posthumously awarded ‘Critics Best Actor’ for his performance in Dil Bechara.
The winner of the Award for 2021 are as follows:
- Best Actor (Female): Deepika Padukone, Chhapaak
- Best Actor (Male): Akshay Kumar, Laxmii
- Critic’s Best Actress: Kiara Advani, Guilty
- Critic’s Best Actor: Late Sushant Singh Rajput, Dil Bechara
- Best Film: Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior
- Best International Feature Film: Parasite Most Versatile Actor – Kay Kay Menon
- Best Director: Anurag Basu, Ludo
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Vikrant Massey, Chhapaak
- Best Actress in Supporting Role: Radhika Madan, Angrezi Medium
- Best Actor in Comic Role: Kunal Kemmu, Lootcase
- Best Actor (Web Series): Bobby Deol, Aashram
- Best Actress (Web Series): Sushmita Sen, Aarya
- Best Web Series: Scam (1992)
- Album of the Year: Titliyaan
- Best Television Series: Kundali Bhagya
- Photographer of the Year: Daboo Ratnani
- Style Diva of the Year: Divya Khosla Kumar
- Best Actress in Television Series: Surbhi Chandna
- Best Actor in Television Series: Dheeraj Dhoopar
- Performer of the Year: Nora Fatehi
- Outstanding Contribution to Film Industry: Dharmendra
- Outstanding Contribution to Literature in Indian Cinema: Chetan Bhagat
- Central Excise Day is celebrated every year on February 24 across India. The day is being celebrated to honour the service of the Central Board of Excise and Custom (CBEC) to the country. The day is celebrated to honour the officers associated with CBEC and their services. This is done to encourage the officers to carry out their duties with utmost sincerity.
History of the Day:
(2010) Sachin Tendulkar scores the first double century in One Day International cricket