Table of Contents hide
- Axis Bank has introduced ‘Liberty Savings Account’ for the Indian Youth, to address the ever-changing lifestyle needs of young and digitally interested Indians.It offers a complimentary hospital cash insurance cover of up to Rs 20,000 per year, which covers hospital expenses incurred under COVID -19, which makes this a 1st of its kind savings account to cover the pandemic.This account targets to meet the lifestyle requirements of the working class that falls under 35 years of age.
- Vinay Tonse has been appointed as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of SBI Mutual Fund (MF).He will replace Ashwani Bhatia, who has been now appointed as the managing director (MD) of State Bank of India
- To synergize the activities in the interest of agriculture and allied sectors, the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) has signed MoUs with AFC India Limited, and National Cooperative Union of India (NCUI), Delhi.The MoU aims to employ their expertise by mutually working together to coordinate the activities in the interest of agriculture and allied sectors in order to bring better value to the stakeholders.
- The National e-Governance Division (NeGD), Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY) has partnered with CSC (Common Service Center) e Governance Services India Limited.The partnership aims to enable delivery of UMANG services to citizens through the network of 3.75 lakh CSCs.The CSC operators Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs) will facilitate citizens to use e-Governance services of 140 Departments with the help of UMANG App
- England’s James Anderson became the first-ever fast bowler to take 600 wickets in a Test Match Cricket.He achieved this feat against Pakistan when he dismissed Azhar Ali.Overall he is the 4th bowler to take 600 test wickets after 3 spinners Muttiah Muralitharan, Shane Warne, and Anil Kumble.
- A book title ‘Cricket Drona’ on renowned coach Vasudev Jagannath Paranjpe or Vasoo Paranjape will be released on September 2, 2020.The book is written by Vasudev Jagannath Paranjpe’s son and current national selector Jatin Paranjpe along with Cricket Journalist Anand Vasu and published by Penguin.The book talks about the impact of Paranjpe on shaping the careers of India’s greatest cricketers like Gavaskar, Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid and Rohit Sharma.
- The World Water Week 2020 is observed as the World Water Week at Home (WWWeek at Home) from 24th August to 28th August 2020.The theme for World Water Week 2020 at Home is ‘Water and Climate change: Accelerating Action’.The World Water Week is an annual global event organized by Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) since 1991 to address the planet’s water issues and related concerns of international development.
- The 100th anniversary of the Women’s Equality Day is being observed in the United States on August 26, to commemorate American women getting the constitutional right to vote.Women’s Equality Day is now often observed across the world to encourage and spread awareness about women’s empowerment.
History on the Date:
(1979) 1st Earl Mountbatten of Burma, cousin of Queen Elizabeth II and last Viceroy of India, is killed along with three companions, two of them children by the IRA when his boat is blown up near Sligo, Ireland
(2004) German kayaker Birgit Fischer wins gold in K-4 500m & silver in K-2 500m in Athens; first woman in any sport to win gold medals at 6 different Olympics, gold 24 years apart, and 1st person to win 2 or more medals in 5 different Game