- India is to host a summit of council of heads of SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organization) on November 30, 2020. India is in the plan of expanding its cooperation with the grouping
- India-Russia sign agreement on manufacturing AK-203 rifles The Defence Minister is at Russia’s capital Moscow attending SCO meet. He arrived on September 2, 2020 and is on a three-day visit. Highlights The Defence Minister on the side lines of the SCO meet held talks with his Russian counter part Shoigu. During the meet, the leaders signed the AK-203 rifles deal
- No Question Hour and Private Members Bill during monsoon session of Parliament The government of India recently announced that there will be no Question Hour, Zero Hour and introduction of private member bill during the monsoon session. This is being done in the view of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Assam Assembly passes bill to protect Tangible Heritage the Assam Assembly passed bill to protect Tangible Heritage that are not currently covered by the state and national law. According the Assam Government the passage of the Assam Heritage (Tangible) Protection, Preservation, Conservation and Maintenance Bill, 2020 is a historic step towards implementing Clause 6 of Assam Accord.
- GoI bans printing of calendars, diaries and festival greeting cards The Government of India banned printing materials such as diaries, calendars and festival greeting cards. The order was passed by the Ministry of Finance. The ministry has asked the government organs to adopt digital means to publish such materials. Highlights The Government of India has banned calendars, diaries, coffee table books, and festival greetings.
History on the Date:
(1972) US 4 x 100m medley relay team of Mike Stamm, Tom Bruce, Mark Spitz & Jerry Heidenreich sets world record 3:48.16 to win gold at the Munich Olympics; Mark Spitz becomes 1st athlete to win 7 Olympic gold medals at a single Games