- After Suresh Raina, Harbhajan Singh pulls out of IPL 2020 Veteran spinner Harbhajan Singh has pulled out of Indian Premier League 2020 citing personal reasons. He conveyed his decision to his team - Chennai Super Kings (CSK) on September 4, 2020. Singh stated that he would not be able to play due to personal reasons. The spinner was not a part of the CSK team that flew to UAE from India. He was expected to join the group later.
- India attends BRICS Culture Ministers Meet The Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism Shri Prahlad Singh Patel attended the 5th BRICS Culture Ministers Meet. It was held under the chairmanship of the Russian Federation. Highlights During the meet, India proposed the following To explore options of hosting Digital Online Exhibition.
- India to soon host Quad meet, 2+2 dialogue India will soon host the Quad meet with quadrilateral security dialogue grouping and the 2+2 dialogue with the United States. The Quad is a grouping of 4 democracies including India, Japan, Australia and the United States. The details of the meet and dialogue are currently being worked out.
- Russia pledges for no arms supply to Pakistan Russia has pledged to follow ‘no arms supply to Pakistan’ policy on a request from India. The development came during the visit of Defence Minister Rajnath Singh to Russia. During the visit, both the countries also agreed to augment their engagement in defence sector.
History on the Date:
- (1839) The First Opium War begins in China
- (1972) 11 Israeli athletes taken hostage and later killed by Palestinian Black September group at the Munich Olympics
- (2017) Hurricane Irma becomes the most powerful hurricane ever recorded in the Atlantic Basin region with winds of 185mph (280km/h)