- PNB Housing Finance has announced the appointment of the former SBI Card head, Hardayal Prasad as its new managing director and chief executive officer. Prasad will take over from, Neeraj Vyas the current interim managing director and chief executive officer of the company, will step down from the position on August 10.
- Odisha cadre IPS officer, P S Ranipse has been appointed as Inspector General (IG), in Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).He will hold the post on Central deputation for a period of five years from the date of joining.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has set up an expert committee under veteran banker KV Kamath to suggest financial parameters for resolution of Covid-19 related stressed assets.The committee will submit its recommendations to the RBI, which will notify them along with modifications, in 30 days.The other members of the committee will be Diwakar Gupta, T N Manoharan and Ashvin Parekh will be strategy advisor and the Indian Banks’ Association CEO will function as member secretary of the panel.
- The International Cricket Council has confirmed that the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2020 that was postponed due to Covid-19 will be held in Australia in 2022.India will host the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021 as planned. ICC has also decided to postpone the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2021 in New Zealand till February-March 2022 because of the impact the Covid-19 pandemic has had on cricket globally.
- The book titled ‘Amazing Ayodhya’ has been authored by Neena Rai.The book offers “authentic information” about the city, which will not only help understand the life and times of ancient Hindus but also the revered figures of Rama and Sita.The book is publishing by house Bloomsbury.Maharashtra government has tied up with Google to provide online education to students in the state.
- Maharashtra ties up with Google to start virtual classes.Maharashtra is the first state in the country that is launching such a project.The project was launched by the chief minister Uddhav Thackeray and will cover over 1.09 lakh government, private, aided, and unaided schools, and benefit over 22.03 million students. Students and teachers will get access to Google Classroom and G Suite for Education that will provide solutions to support remote learning.
History on the Date:
(1509) Emperor Krishnadeva Raya is crowned, marking the beginning of the regeneration of the Vijayanagara Empire in Southern India
(1900) 1st International Lawn Tennis Challenge (precursor to Davis Cup) begins at Longwood Cricket Club in Massachusetts, won 3-0 by US over British Isles