Current Affairs:

  • Reserve Bank of India has ceased the Banking operations by the Aditya Birla Idea Payments (ABIP) Bank under Banking Regulations Act 1949 with effect from July 28, 2020.Now the bank company could not able to work successfully and applied for voluntary winding up by the Vodafone Idea Limited which holds 51% in ABIP bank and the remaining 49% by Grasim Industries Limited.
  • On the occasion of Bank of India (BoI)’s 115th Foundation Day, BoI has launched an international contactless debit card, “Signature Visa Debit Card” for high net worth individuals who are maintaining an average quarterly balance of Rs 10 lakhs and above.This card will have a spending limit of up to ₹5 lakhs on POS & e-commerce and ₹1 lakh on ATM.Other features include complimentary lounge access (2 per quarter) and offer on travel, retail, dining, lifestyle, entertainment, luxury hotels, reward points for online usage etc.It will also provide Insurance against fraudulent transactions
  • Sir David Attenborough was conferred with the prestigious Indira Gandhi Peace Prize for the year 2019.He is an English broadcaster and a historian. He is popular for writing and presenting the BBC Natural History Unit.He worked to make aware to preserve and protect the biodiversity of the planet.The Indira Gandhi Peace Prize award is for peace, disarmament and development. It has been named after the former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi. It Is being conferred every year since 1986 by Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust. It consists of a monetary award of Rs 25 lakhs.
  • The All India Tennis Association (AITA) has elected Anil Jain as its new president, while Anil Dhupar was chosen as its secretary-general.India’s Davis Cup captain Rohit Rajpal was elected as the treasurer for a four-year term till 2024.
  • International Day to Protect Education from Attack is observed globally on 9th September.In proclaiming the International Day to Protect Education from Attack to be celebrated for the first time in 2020.The Day draws attention to the plight of more than 75 million 3-to-18-year-olds living in 35 crisis-affected countries and to their urgent need of educational support.
  • Father of India’s Radio Astronomy, Prof Govind Swarup passed away. He was born on March 23rd, 1929 in Thakurdwara, United Provinces, British India( Now in Uttar Pradesh).He was the founding director of National Centre for Radio Astrophysics of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research.Govind Swarup was the key person behind the concept, design and installation of the Ooty Radio Telescope (India) and the Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope (GMRT), which established India as one of the leading countries for radio astronomy research.

History on the Date:

(1972) Soviet Union beats the United States 51-50 in the most controversial game in international basketball history; with US leading 50-49 the final 3 seconds is replayed 3 times until the Soviets finally win

(2015) Queen Elizabeth II becomes Great Britain’s longest-reigning monarch at 63 years and seven months, beating the previous record set by her great-great-grandmother, Queen Victoria

Kshama Das

By Kshama Das

I am Kshama. I am a writer & content manager for various topics. On you will find me writing posts on Banks & Government Exams/Jobs/Notifications/Results. If you want to Ask any Question regarding Bank/Govt job/exam; you can write using "Question & Answer" module of this website.