What are the major factors tracked during probation period?
I am a newly promoted Manager for Bengaluru branch for one of the RRBs.
Recently 1 Probationary Officer and 1 Clerk joined my branch as a fresher and they are serving their probation period now.
Please help me to understand what major factors (positive & negative) should be tracked for Officer & Clerk during their probation period to report the monthly progress to our Zonal Office.
Thanks in Advance.
During the probation period, an employee’s performance is closely monitored by their superiors to determine whether they are suitable for the job and whether they can be confirmed as a permanent employee. Some of the major factors that are analyzed during the probation period include:
- Job performance: The most important factor during the probation period is the employee’s job performance. This includes their ability to complete assigned tasks, meet deadlines, and maintain the required quality standards.
- Adaptability: The employee’s ability to adapt to the work environment, company culture, and work policies is also closely monitored.
- Attendance: Punctuality and attendance are important factors that are taken into consideration during the probation period.
- Communication skills: Good communication skills are essential for any job, and the probation period is a time to assess the employee’s ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, superiors, and customers.
- Initiative: The employee’s willingness to take initiative, learn new skills, and contribute to the company’s growth and success is also evaluated during the probation period.
- Professionalism: Professionalism, including behavior, attitude, and appearance, is also an important factor that is evaluated during the probation period.
Overall, the probation period is a critical time for both the employer and the employee to assess whether the job is a good fit for the employee and whether they are likely to succeed in the role.