Thanks for A2A.
Bank Probationary Officer (PO) has various promotion levels after completion of Probation Period. During joining PSU Bank as PO you join as Officer Scale-1; once you complete your Probation Period you will be called as on “Officer” not “Probationary Officer”.
Probationary Officer Scale-1 is equivalent to role and treated as Assistant Manager.
Based on the promotion cycle in particular bank (because promotion process and cycle changes in different PSBs) Officer gets promoted to further levels.
Usually below career growth can be seen for PSB PO:
Scale-11 : Chairman
Scale-10 : Managing Director
Scale-9 : Deputy Managing Director
Scale-8 : Chief General Manager
Scale-7 : General Manager
Scale-6 : Deputy General Manager
Scale-5 : Assistant General Manager
Scale-4 : Chief Manager
Scale-3 : Manager
Scale-2 : Deputy Manager
Scale-1 : Assistant Manager
Coming to your second part of question; Benefits and Perks for Officers in PSB/PSU Banks:
- Allowances – Petrol, Milk, Newspaper, Mobile, Internet & Kids School Fees etc… (depend on bank to bank)
- Additional Quarterly Allowances.
- Monthly House Rent or Bank Quarter (fully furnished)
- Facility of low interest rate loans (Staff Loans).
- Paid Holidays
- Free guest houses for vacations – Pan India
- Furniture reimbursement for Level-1 approx Rs. 1.5 Laks
And many more…
If you find this answer helpful, please upvote. Thanks