SBI Clerk Syllabus 2020 is an important topic of interest to the candidates for their prepration.It is important to know the pattern and syllabus of the SBI Clerk exam,in order to excel in the exam. Find below the details about the different sections in the exam for both prelims and mains online test.
SBI Exam Pattern 2020 for Prelims Exam
|Name of Section||Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 min|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 min|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 min|
1.Each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark.
2.For every incorrect answer ,0.25 marks will be deducted
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2020 for Mains Exam
|Name Of Section||Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 min|
|General English||40||40||35 min|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 min|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 min|
|Total||190||200||2 hr 40 Min|
SBI Clerk Syllabus: Section-wise Syllabus
In this section, we will talk about the detailed SBI Clerk syllabus 2020. Please note that there are four sections in the SBI Clerk Mains with a defined time limit for each section. Therefore, planning and proper question selection are important if you want to score higher.
SBI Clerk Syllabus For Numerical Ability (Quantitative Aptitude)
This section requires basic mathematical knowledge of Class 10 level. You can ace this section if you understand the core concepts, remember all the formulas, and practice regularly to master the application of the formulas.
2. Number Series
3. Quadratic Equations
6. Time and Work
7. Time, Speed and Distance
9. Profit and Loss
10. Simple and Compound Interest
11. Ratio and Proportion
12. Number Systems
13. Surds and Indices
14. Boats and Streams
15. Permutations and Combinations
17. Mixtures and Alligations
18. Pipes and Cisterns
19. Data Interpretation – Tables, Pie Charts, Bar Graphs, Line Graphs, etc.
SBI Clerk Syllabus For Reasoning Ability
This section tests your ability to solve verbal and non-verbal reasoning questions. Understanding the theory and regular practice is very important to master this section.
2. Data Sufficiency
3. Statement and Argument
4. Statement and Assumption
5. Assertion and Reasoning
6. Circular and Linear Sitting Arrangements
8. Blood Relations
9. Coding and Decoding
10. Directions and Distance
11. Order and Ranking
12. Coded Inequalities
SBI Clerk Syllabus For General English
This section tests your basic reading/writing skills and how you are confident in the English language. You must understand the basics of English grammar in order to do well in this section.
|1. Vocabulary – Antonyms and Synonyms|
2. Sentence Completion
3. Basic English Grammar – Tenses, Articles, Prepositions, Subject-Verb Agreement, Parts of Speech, etc.
4. Reading Comprehension
5. Error Spotting
6. Cloze Test
7. Sentence Rearrangement or Para Jumbles
8. Phrases and Idioms
9. Fill in the Blanks
10. Spell Checks
Syllabus of General / Financial Awareness: This section can be divided into three parts i.e. Current affairs, banking awareness and static GK questions. The current affairs questions cover the last 6 months events of both national and international importance. Static GK Questions will be from country and capital, airports, ports in India, tallest and biggest in India and the world, first in the world as well as in India, etc. Banking Awareness part will cover banking in India, banking terminology, bank headquarters, slogans of banks, regulatory bodies in India, the Main function of RBI etc. Some of the important topics for this section are-
- Current affairs related to national and international issues of the last 6 months.
- Main functions of RBI
- Overview of the Indian Financial System
- History of the Indian banking system.
- Fiscal and Monetary policy
- Work and responsibilities of National financial institutions like RBI, SEBI, IRDA, FSDC (Financial Stability and Development Council )etc and of International organizations like IMF, World Bank, ADB, UNO, SWIFT(The Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication), IBA, United Forum of Bank Unions (UFBU), Bank Board Bureau(BBB) Bank for International Settlements (BIS)etc.
- International organizations like IMF, World Bank, ADB, UN, WTO, etc.
- Abbreviations and Economic terminologies
- Banking Terms like NPA, Current Account and Savings Account (CASA), Capital to Risk (Weighted) asset ratio (CRAR).
- Important Government Schemes
- Important National and International days
- Indian Constitution
- Culture of India
- Currency of countries etc
- Awards and Honours
Syllabus for Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude: The questions asked from this section are from the given topics:
- Seating arrangement (Circular+ Linear)
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Sufficiency
- Alphanumeric Series
- Blood Relation
- Direction and Sense
- History of computers
- Input and Output devices
- Hardware and software
- Windows operating system
- Internet terms and services
- Basic Functionalities of MS-Office( MS-word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint)
- Computer Abbreviations
- Logic gates
- Networking and communication
- Database Management system
- Hacking, Security Tools and Viruses
- Shorty Keys
- Modern Day Technology