The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the much-awaited UPSC CAPF Notification 2020 on 18th August 2020 as per the official calendar of UPSC. The UPSC will be recruiting 209 eligible candidates as an Assistant Commandant (AC) in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF). Through this recruitment, the selected candidates will fill up the AC vacancies in BSF, CISF, CRPF, SSB, and ITBP branches of CAPF. The recruitment is conducted once in a year by UPSC.
UPSC CAPF 2020 Important Dates
|UPSC CAPF 2020 Exam||Important dates|
|UPSC CAPF Notification Release||18th August 2020|
|Start date of online application||18th August 2020|
|Last date to apply online||07th September 2020|
|Issuance of Admit Card||November 2020 (tentative)|
|Exam Date||20 December 2020|
UPSC CAPF 2020 Vacancy Detail
The post-wise vacancy distribution for UPSC CAPF 2020 is given below.
|Security Forces||Number of Vacancies|
UPSC CAPF 2020 Notification: Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must be either:
(a) a Citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Note: The candidates must be in possession of a certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt. of India for categories (b), (c), (d), and (e).
2. Educational Qualification
The candidates should hold Bachelor Degree in any stream.
3. Age Limit
The candidates must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on 1st August, 2020, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1995 and not later than 1st August, 2000.
Age Relaxation is given below as per the category of the candidate.
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Domicile of Jammu & Kashmir||5 years|
|Defense Services Personnel disabled|
in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area
|Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECO/SSCO||5 years|
Application Fee For UPSC CAPF Exam 2020
The application fee for different categories can be checked below.
|Sr. No.||Category||Application Fee|
|2||General and Others||Rs. 200/-|
How To Apply For UPSC CAPF 2020
The Steps to apply online for the UPSC CAPF 2020 Exam will comprise of two stages: || Registration | Login || The steps to apply online is given below.
- Click on the official link, provided below.
- Click on the Apply link given on the page. A registration link will open up in the new window.
- Click on New Registration in the application window.
- Provide personal credentials like name, parents’ name, date of birth, email id, mobile number, etc.
- Click on the submit button to the completed online registration form.
- After the Registration, a Registration ID and a password will be sent to your mobile no. and email id.
Part-II Log in
- Login with the provided Registration ID, date of birth, and password to complete registration for UPSC CAPF AC 2020.
- Upload the photograph and signature.
- The candidates will then required to verify the details. Preview and verify the application form carefully.
- Lastly, pay the required application fee online.
- Take out a print out of the application form for future use.